Movie frame, chessboard, blog, and map pin icons from openclipart.org
Web Developer recently graduated from a Full Stack Nanodegree, building on technical skills gained from a lifelong passion for programming and utilized in roles in other fields. Has clear communication and teamwork ability sharpened through background in education.
- Frameworks: Flask, ASP.NET MVC, Knockout.js, Jquery, Underscore.js, Bootstrap, AWS, Google Cloud, Datastore, Webapp2
- Environments: Git, GitHub, NetBeans, Eclipse, Visual Studio, Apache, Windows, and Linux environments
- Native English speaker and second-language speaker of Korean
- Built product info / catalog site using ASP.NET MVC 5 and SQL Server, deployed on AWS.
- Uses PayPal API for shopping cart and Google Maps API for retailer map.
- Allows users to center the map on a particular address, and add pins with right-click.
- Makes API calls to Google Maps and Wikipedia to show information about pins.
- Written in Python (webapp2) and utilizes Google Cloud Platform and Datastore.
- Implements user signup and login with hashed and salted password.
- Registered users can write entries, comment, and like.
- Depth-first search written in Java incorporating alpha-beta pruning and binary bitboards.
- Incorporates multiple threads for search during idle time.
Web Developer2017 - Freelance LeRoy, MI
English Instructor / IT Specialist2003-2010, 2014-2017 Lighthouse International School Gunsan, South Korea
- Taught English as a Second Language (K – adult) as well as international day school.
- Designed, coded, and maintained MS Access database using VBA to manage school curriculum, lesson plans, attendance, and student evaluations.
- Handled the information technology needs of the business.
FoxPro Database Programmer1999-2002 Pell's Radio Center Cadillac, MI
- Modified custom accounting database software.
- Began coding unsupervised in a language previously unknown in less than 1 week.